The University of Port Harcourt Institute of Petroleum Studies invites applications from candidates to pursue 2012 / 2013 postgraduate programme in the institute.
The M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development Programme is an International Collaborative Graduate programme between IFP School France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria and it is sponsored by NNPC and TOTAL E & P Nigeria Limited Joint Venture. The programme is running under the Institute of Petroleum Studies. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
The Institute of Petroleum Studies was established in 2003 as a bold effort to remedy the skills gap between the theory of the classroom and the practical needs of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. It is a collaborative graduate school between the Ecole du Petrole et des Moteurs (IFP School), Paris, France, and the University of Port Harcourt. The institute offers a conducive learning environment, full Internet access and virtual library, hands-on training using one computer per student. Students use industry software, case studies and undertake numerous field visits.
Students are encouraged to live and work together, thus encouraging the development of team spirit.
The aim of this professional Master’s Degree programme is to provide graduates in engineering with broad based training required for onshore and offshore oil and gas field development. The students will be taught jointly by lectures from the University of Port Harcourt (Uniport) Nigeria, IFP School, France as well as experts from the petroleum industry within and outside Nigeria.
On completion of this Programme, the graduates will among other skills, be able to:
- Evaluate and manage oil and gas fields
- Design and supervise the drilling of exploration and development wells and carry out drilling optimization programmes
- Design, supervise and evaluate well completion, work over and well simulation programmes Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Design and operate onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities
- Carry out production optimization and well performance enhancement programmes
- Participate effectively in multidisciplinary oil & gas field review and field development teams
The duration of the programme shall be 12 calendar months of intensive full time study.
Award of Degree:
Successful students at the end of the programme shall receive a Masters Degree jointly awarded by IFP School, France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Students will be presented with Associate Environment Practitioners (AEP) Certification (NREP, USA).
- Candidates must possess a minimum of bachelor’s degree Second Class honours (Upper Division) in any branch of Engineering and should have completed their NYSC by October 2012.
- Consideration may be given to sponsored Company Staff with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with Second Class Lower Honours Degree, but with high CGPA. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
A non- refundable application fee of fifteen thousand naira (=N= 15, 000) in certified bank draft made payable to the Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt. Applicants should either include a pre-paid FedEx envelop with the draft or collect the form in person. Forms can also be obtained on-line from IPS website: www.ipsng.org and submitted with the bank draft.
Candidates are expected to seek sponsorship from corporate bodies, PTDF and other sponsoring agencies.
However, a limited number of scholarships will be offered to outstanding students.
Important dates to remember:
(Any change will be communicated by e-mail)
Completed Application forms must be returned to:
Institute of Petroleum Studies,
University of Port Harcourt,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
on or before Friday May 25, 2012.
Aptitude Test holds on 20th June, 2012
Oral Interview hold in July, 2012
Names of short-listed candidates will be displayed on the IPS Website www.ipsng.org
For enquires, please call 084-486-150
Matilda Nnodim (Mrs.)
University of Port Harcourt
Institute of Petroleum Studies